Hario Coffee Dripper V60 02 Ceramic Red
The Hario V60 innovative pour over dripper design has a large hole at the bottom, spiral ribs on the inside and a fairly steep wall. All these elements help in producing a great cup of pour over coffee. A simple yet deliciously effective way to make coffee.
Made from the highest quality porcelain, the ceramic V60 achieves maximum heat retention. From top to bottom internal ribs support natural flow of water and help deliver a "clean" cup. Designed to be placed on top of a cup or carafe, it can brew up two to four cups of coffee at a time.
Dishwasher and microwave friendly, the V60 is easy to use and is considered to be one of the simplest brewing methods. It is also professionals' choice - five out of seven World Brewers Cup Champions used this manual pour-over to win their titles.
Here is one way to make great tasting coffee on the Hario V60.
- Use a ratio of 60g of coffee for 1 litre of water. If your making for one then most cups will be about 300ml so you need 18g of coffee.
- Grind the coffee courser than espresso, like sand.
- Boil fresh water and wait 1 minute to let the water cool to approx 95c.
- Place the filter paper in the V60 and pour some water over the filter paper to rinse.
- Place the ground coffee in the now wet filter paper then start pouring slowly onto the ground coffee.
- The pouring and drip time should take about 3-4 minutes.
Result: Delicious coffee!
Key things needed are: Hario V60, V60 Filter Papers, Fresh delicious coffee roasted less than 30 days ago, hand or electric burr grinder and a kettle.