Costas Of Sweden - IDR - Intelligent Dosing Ring
The idr helps baristas make better espresso in a more effective, accurate, clean and simple way. With the idr you can achieve a consistent dosing, even distribution and accurate leveling of your grind using multiple porta-filters at the same time, with minimal waste!
- Consistency in dosing
- Easier distribution of coffee grinds in the filter-basket. Avoid high density areas
- Perfect leveling
- Minimal waste
- Easier to work with multiple porta-filters at the same time
- High accuracy dosing, distribution and leveling
- Less waste of coffee grinds
- Helps baristas achieve faster craftsmanship
- A more simple and artistic way of working
- Easy to use
- Saves time and money
High quality materials
The IDR is made using two different materials:
- The durable, high-quality, hard plastic part, which is anti-static and also approved by the Swedish National Food Administration (POM,Hostaform C9021)
- The elastic, stainless steel base that keeps its form and flexibility for years!
- Suitable for 54 to 58mm portafilters
A coffee business that is doing 1-2Kg/day will save approx. 8-10Kg of coffee per year along with lots of time and effort! How many kilos of coffee do you use each day? Well...a small calculation will help you find out how much money, time and effort you can save each year by using the Intelligent Dosing Ring.
The inventor's profile
(Roaster and Barista)
- Swedish Latte Art Champion 2006
- 3rd place in Bern WLA 2006
- Swedish barista Champion 2007
- 11th in WBC Japan 2007
- Nordic Barista Champion with the Swedish barista team 2007
Costas got an idea back in 2005 in how to reduce waste and become more accurate in dosing, not only while competing but also when working at his own café.
What started out as an idea back in 2005 is now a finished product: The Intelligent Dosing Ring which has been refined and made better throughout the years. After all these years the IDR is now available for the rest of the coffee community.
Demonstration of the IDR - Intelligent Dosing Ring by the inventor